Posy Patch Quilt

This quilt is the result of about three years of preparation and work. My mom-in-law showed me the idea in her Best of Black Mountain Quilts book and started buying me fabric. Several months later, my mom got in on the action and started collecting pieces for me, too. By the time I was ready to start sewing, I had fat quarters from all over, including Steamboat Springs, CO; Palmyra, NY; Panguitch, UT; and Amish country; PA. A cousin also gave me some fabric that had belonged to my grandmother.

This will someday be in my little girl's room...if I ever get a little girl!
The flowers were all pressed on with fusible web and then hand stitched with embroidery floss--lots of work, but so worth it.

{Credit} Pattern: Posy Patch by Teri Christopherson. Fabric: Various, including several vintage scraps. Hand quilting: Dee & Me

Comments

Popular Posts