Girls' Retreat in Utah

The cousins and aunts on my husband's side of the family have started a new tradition of having a girls' retreat for one day in the summer. I missed it last year, but I was able to go this time. It was so much fun. Everyone showed up with their machines, mats, and fabric and we spent an entire day talking, laughing, and sewing together. See the zig-zag quilt hanging up? I guess it was kind of the inspiration for our project this year. Everyone made red, white, and blue half-square triangles and we swapped them with at the end of the day. Now, we get to choose how we want to arrange them. Fun idea, right? We'll all have our own unique quilts, but they'll all be made of the same fabrics.





 Now I have all these lovely squares at home to get busy with!


Comments

Popular Posts