Sailboat Progress

I made five sailboat blocks last month then left them alone for awhile. I think they're adorable but I definitely felt myself losing steam and decided I didn't want to make twenty more of them. So, I offset the blocks with white rectangles and sewed my boats in a strip. Now I'm changing gears a bit.


I thought it would be interesting to make the rest of the quilt scrappy squares in blue and yellow, with the boats about two-thirds of the way down the quilt front. The blue squares below the boat look a lot like water, and hopefully, the several rows of yellow squares will look like a nice, sunny sky. I didn't do any kind of math, but I lucked out and 16 three-inch squares in a row just happen to be the same width of my five sailboats. Booyah.


What do you think?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts