Vintage Baby Lovey

Using some of my Vintage Baby leftovers, I made up this "lovey" similar to the boy lovey I did earlier this year. I like the simple design of the squares and quarter square triangles. This blanket does not have batting in it, but I still felt like it needed some "quilting" to keep the top from shifting too much--especially once it's washed. I echoed a quarter-inch inside the pink diamonds. I did this with a regular presser foot and the feed dogs up. If I do this method for a larger quilt, I'm thinking a walking foot is a must, but it was okay to go without one on this 25 inch by 30 inch blanket.




{Credit} Fabric: Vintage Baby by Lori Whitlock for Riley Blake.

Comments

  1. So pretty! I love it! I really like the combination of those fabric/colors. I like the way you quilted it too, very simple but looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts