Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Inspiration

A friend of mine threw an adoption party for me last weekend and I got showered with gifts for my new two-year-old twins. I felt so loved! I got tons and tons of cute clothes, toys, and books. But I also got some of this:


 Yay for new fabric! Look at these yummy prints from Marmalade by Bonnie and Camille for Moda. I usually don't choose pinks but I love these fabrics. I'm thinking I need to make a Valentine's Day runner for my table...and maybe matching hot pads? Or another little girl quilt?


Here's another set I got. These are colors I typically choose. I love the browns and blues with the little pop of orange. I also love that multi-colored chevron. I think these need to go in my room somehow--maybe a runner for my dresser?

My friends got me fabric to remind me that I still need to take time to do the things I love. Thank you, Kate & Jana! It really inspired me and when I got home, I decided to pull out my sewing machine and ironing board and get cutting...but then I stopped. 

I always do this.

I get so excited to start cutting into something new that I don't end up finishing my old projects. So...I resisted temptation. I am going to be disciplined and finish one quilt before I'm allowed to start something new. I pulled out this old friend:


This is a quilt back my mom and I worked on several months ago and never got to finish before she left the country. Did I mention she left? She is serving a mission with my dad for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Italy. They will be back in the Spring of 2014. I'm so proud of them for going, but it's been a little tough having my quilting-partner-in-crime gone. Anyway, all that's left on the owl quilt is quilting and binding, so I'm getting to work.

1 comment:

  1. That's beautiful fabric. Congratulations on your new little ones! Wonderful news. Do share their story too!

    ReplyDelete