Inspiration

A friend of mine threw an adoption party for me last weekend and I got showered with gifts for my new two-year-old twins. I felt so loved! I got tons and tons of cute clothes, toys, and books. But I also got some of this:


 Yay for new fabric! Look at these yummy prints from Marmalade by Bonnie and Camille for Moda. I usually don't choose pinks but I love these fabrics. I'm thinking I need to make a Valentine's Day runner for my table...and maybe matching hot pads? Or another little girl quilt?


Here's another set I got. These are colors I typically choose. I love the browns and blues with the little pop of orange. I also love that multi-colored chevron. I think these need to go in my room somehow--maybe a runner for my dresser?

My friends got me fabric to remind me that I still need to take time to do the things I love. Thank you, Kate & Jana! It really inspired me and when I got home, I decided to pull out my sewing machine and ironing board and get cutting...but then I stopped. 

I always do this.

I get so excited to start cutting into something new that I don't end up finishing my old projects. So...I resisted temptation. I am going to be disciplined and finish one quilt before I'm allowed to start something new. I pulled out this old friend:


This is a quilt back my mom and I worked on several months ago and never got to finish before she left the country. Did I mention she left? She is serving a mission with my dad for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Italy. They will be back in the Spring of 2014. I'm so proud of them for going, but it's been a little tough having my quilting-partner-in-crime gone. Anyway, all that's left on the owl quilt is quilting and binding, so I'm getting to work.

Comments

  1. That's beautiful fabric. Congratulations on your new little ones! Wonderful news. Do share their story too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts