Grandma's Flower Garden Quilt Top

First of all, let me say that I do not recommend the following project for anyone, unless you enjoy pounding headaches... My mom and I started this project over a year ago, when we found a pattern book that taught an "easy" strip-pieced method for making old-fashioned hexagon quilts. Well, as you can guess, it turned out to be everything but that. We were originally going to make a 17-flower quilt, but decided this week to end the misery and stop at just five...

Look at all those seams!

So, it's now a baby quilt with some lovely large borders! We are planning on hand-quilting this one together soon and then we can be done with it forever.

{Credit} Pattern: Marci Baker. Fabric: Prints by Chloe's Closet and Judie Rothermel.

Comments

  1. I'm impressed. I would quit at one and make it a book cover.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts