Works In Progress

(Or maybe "Works Not In Progress" is a more appropriate title.) I've been feeling really slow around here lately. The projects are piling up and I need them to be done! My sewing closet is bursting at the seams, too. I think I need some more space...and I need the scary green camping jacket to find a new home...


A dear friend of mine asked me to make a quilt for her out of her old dresses from the 80's and 90's. Wow. I'm not going to lie, I had to try a few of them on before they got cut up. I originally had planned to do something slightly complicated with these fabrics but, because most of them are not cotton, I decided to go simple. Right now, I'm working up some plans for applique. Hmmm....


There's a pile of six baby quilts that need to be quilted. This one was chosen to do first. I love these fabrics. Nice choices, Mom.


And, I have another set of Denyse Schmidt's Quilting Quarters to work with. I'm making blocks inspired by this quilt from the amazing Heather Mulder Petersen. They are defnitley time consuming, but I love 'em.


Comments

  1. Your mom chose some super fabs!! Love the pattern too!

    What type of applique are you contemplating?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts