Weekend Finish: Owl Quilt

Woohoo! I finished a quilt!

It's been awhile since I've been able to say that. I adore the red flower print from Hugs & Kisses by Linda DeBono for Henry Glass. It was given to me by a friend that was doing some destashing (thanks, Jes!) and I knew I had to make a baby girl quilt with it. The chevron-quilt-craze the world has been in for the last couple years may be dying down now, but here's one more for you:


Mom was the one that voted to applique an owl on the back, and I think she did an excellent job. This is raw-edge applique with machine button-hole stitching along the edges.The little twig legs are what I call "sloppy stitched" on.


{Credit} Pattern: Original. Applique: Deanne Jefferies. Fabric: Hugs & Kisses by Linda DeBono for Henry Glass and assorted blues prints. Finished size is 39" by 39".
SOLD

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts