Striped Walls

So, this post really has nothing to do with quilting, but it's in the realm of craftiness so we are going to run with it, okay? Remember how I said we were moving? Well, we are finally in our new house and the challenge of decorating has begun. Almost all of the rooms in our house need to be painted because they are scary colors right now. The task is a little overwhelming (or a lot) so I decided that I wanted to avoid painting any rooms that really didn't need it. The laundry room, for example, looked okay. I decided I just want to jazz it up a bit. I found this awesome tutorial online and I wanted to share it.


It's from LiveLoveDIY and I love it! The technique she uses to paint her stripes is really simple and can be done in less than an hour. I think what I love most about it, though, is her use of two subtle colors to create a really modern design and strong focal point.

Our laundry room was painted Behr Cottage White in flat when it was originally built 10 years ago. The walls weren't too dirty, so we kept the existing paint and used Behr Silver Drop in semi-gloss for the accent stripes. We actually painted two opposite walls in the room because one wall just didn't seem like enough.




I can't wait to get some cute artwork hanging on those walls and a pop of color on top of those cabinets.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts