Nine-Patch Variation Quilt Top

I know it's been almost a month since I've posted anything, but I haven't been sitting idly. I have been finishing the biggest quilt top I've ever made.


This quilt is going to be my sister-in-law's new bedspread for her king-sized bed.


She bought all the fabric and told me to turn it into whatever I wanted. I love the bold primary colors and thought something simple and geometric would compliment the traditional prints. I was inspired by a pattern in a McCall's magazine called "Two Simple." It was actually supposed to be for just two different fabrics - red and white. I decided to keep red a main color, but throw all the other colors in to replace the large white blocks. I also made the blocks a few inches larger than what the pattern directed.



{Credit} Pattern: Inspired by "Two Simple" by Janice Davis, from McCall's Fast Quilts. Fabric: Assorted. Finished size: 99" by 110".

Comments

Popular Posts