Yellow & Gray

I can't get tired of yellow and gray fabrics. I just can't.


Much like the Vintage Baby Lovey I made a few months ago, this gray and yellow lovey is the perfect size for the stroller, car seat,  or just to be drug around the house. There is no batting in between the layers - just cotton on top and  cuddle fleece on the back.


It was sewn envelope-style and topped stitched along the edges with heavy-duty thread. I reinforced it by sewing 1/4 inch in along the inside of the center rectangle. It's not really quilting, since there are just two layers of fabric, but it's accomplishing the same purpose. I don't know that I have the skill (or patience) to quilt with fleece in a size larger than this, though. That stuff is super shifty! There is a great tutorial here by Cluck Cluck Sew if you want to attempt something large.


Comments

Popular Posts